msmtp depends on Gnome!?

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Wed Apr 4 17:00:00 GMT 2018

On 28/03/2018 22:50, Stephen Paul Carrier wrote:
> Dear cygwin people,
>
> msmtp is billed as a light-weight SMTP client and I would like to use
> it with cron instead of ssmtp.
>
> What's not light-weight is its dependency on libgnome-keyring0 which
> has more dependencies that eventually bring in Gnome.  This is for a
> headless workstation.
>
> Is it possible to remove or replace this dependency so that msmtp can
> be installed without enlarging the size of the install by such a factor?
>
> Thanks!

Thanks for pointing this out.

These dependencies just seem to be out of date.

According to [1], msmtp hasn't required gnome-keyring since 1.6.0.  It's
capable of using libsecret instead, but our package doesn't seem to be
built with support for that.

Additionally, 1.6.6-1 is built against libgnutls30, but libgnutls28 is
listed as dependency.

I adjusted these dependencies on sourceware.

[1] http://msmtp.sourceforge.net/news.html

Jari,

Please check your local copy and/or double-check these going forwards.

Also, msmtp 1.6.6-1 doesn't seem to have been built for x86, at all.

Thanks.