Mintty + winpty vs wsltty

Thomas Wolff towo@towo.net
Tue Apr 10 17:21:00 GMT 2018

Am 10.04.2018 um 17:12 schrieb Brian Inglis:
> On 2018-04-10 07:04, Michael Slattery wrote:
>> This question is about mintty and Windows Subsystem for Linux.  If I have Git-Bash or Cygwin installed, how is this not as good as using wsltty?:
>>
>> "C:\Program Files\Git\usr\bin\mintty.exe" --exec /usr/bin/winpty "C:\Windows\System32\bash.exe" -c "cd ~; $SHELL --login -i"
>>
>> It seems fine, but I know that wsltty incorporates wslbridge.  My solution is so simple I feel like something must be wrong :)
> May be more appropriate on https://github.com/mintty/mintty/issues/ or https://github.com/rprichard/wslbridge/issues/
Yes and no. Actually you can easily access WSL from cygwin mintty, with
command line or session launcher invocation (see manual and wiki for
details), so running from cygwin is the most original and flexible
approach; wsltty has no functional advantage. See also

https://github.com/mintty/wsltty/issues/ for discussing further details.

Thomas