Bug: Synchronous signals broken on Cygwin 64

Thomas Zimmermann tdz@users.sourceforge.net
Thu Apr 26 10:53:00 GMT 2018

Hi

Am 26.04.2018 um 12:45 schrieb Houder:
>> The expected behavior is that an installed signal handler runs exactly
>> once for a signal and the OS terminates the program if the handler
>> returns. This works on 32-bit Cygwin. From my observation, Cygwin 64
>> differs in the follow ways:
>
> .. uhm, unless SA_RESETHAND (sa_flags) has been specified, I expect the
> handler to be invoked again and again ...

What I mean is that the installed signal handler is re-called constantly
for the same HW exception (div-by-zero in this case). It is as if
there's an endless loop around the signal-handler function.

Best regards
Thomas

--
Implement thread-safe and fault-tolerant software in C: visit picotm.org