odd behavior(bug?) during run of setup

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Fri Apr 27 11:24:00 GMT 2018

On 27/04/2018 03:31, L A Walsh wrote:
> When running setup -- a few time have gotten an error saying that it
> couldn't create /llvm-objdump.exe.stackdump

Thanks for reporting this.

Giving the actual error you see, rather than "an error" would be helpful.

Attaching the setup log file would also be helpful.

> (setup-x86-64-2.891)
>
> I looked, and there is no such file in the root dir, so I traced it
> with process monitor and first saw it try to
> CreateFile C:\llvm-objdump.exe.stackdump (Name not found)
> Then
> CreateFile C: ACCESS DENIED.
>
> Since that's the only ref to llvm-objdump.exe.stackdump and
> the only place with an access denied right after it, I suspect
> that's where the error is coming from.
>
> So for some reason it seems to be trying to create a
> stackdump, but first it's trying to create the hard drive
> (C:).
>
> Weird.
>
> Told it to ignore -- and setup went on an finish w/no further probs.
>
> So maybe there was a stackdump during setup and it
> tried to create the dir that is topmost?

This looks like a packaging hiccup with clang:

https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-cat.cgi?file=x86_64%2Fcompiler-rt%2Fcompiler-rt-5.0.1-1&grep=llvm-objdump.exe.stackdump

I think you can safely ignore this error, for the moment.