Problem referencing libraries in tcl 8.6, e.g. fileutil

cyg Simple cygsimple@gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 16:52:00 GMT 2018

On 8/7/2018 11:56 AM, SImon Conway-Smith wrote:
> I have added the tcl intepreter into my Cygwin (64-bit) installation, but
> when trying to run some code samples using the fileutil library, e.g. the
> foreachLine command, I'm getting 'invalid command name
> "fileutil::foreachLine"'. I've even tried prefixing the command with "tcl::"
> as I had to do for the mathfunc:: library functions, but still get the error
> message. Is there an additional tcl package I need to install, or what?

It seems that tcllib isn't installed with Cygwin's tcl.

$ tclsh
% package require fileutil
can't find package fileutil
%

Since tcllib is pure tcl with no compilation required you can download
it directly from https://www.tcl.tk/software/tcllib/ and install it into
the /usr/lib/tcl8.6/ directory.

--
cyg Simple