Cygwin Setup 2.893 on Windows 10 Version 1709

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 17:12:00 GMT 2018

Am 14.08.2018 um 14:26 schrieb Senden, Ruediger:
> Hello
>
> The executed command line inside a .VBE program is
>
> Errorcode is  -1
> cmd.exe /c  d2u.exe -f -q -k  SOURCEFILE.DAT  &&  rcp   SOURCEFILE.DAT   USER-at-SERVER:DISKNAME:[DIRECTORY]TARGETFILE.DAT  &&  u2d.exe -f -q -k  SOURCEFILE.DAT  2>1>3
> Errorcode is   1
> Message: Copy successful
>
> BUT NOTHING IS COPIED.

can you run the same code from a cywin shell (eg bash),
possibly one step at time ?

> When I use the older CygWin version (32 bit) on Windows 10 and  exactly the same program the following error message is returned:
> Errorcode is  -1
> cmd.exe /c …
>          Message:        0 [main] u2d 7076 find_fast_cwd:   WARNING: Couldn’t compute FAST_CWD pointer. Please report this problem to the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com<mailto:cygwin@cygwin.com>.
> Errorcode is   1
>
> BUT THE FILE IS COPIED.

same computer ?
The warning is due to a old version used
https://cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.using.fixing-find_fast_cwd-warnings

> This program has been used for years on Windows 7, 32 and 64 bit pcs, but with an older 32 bit version of CygWin.
> The .DAT file contains normal text (like .txt od .csv files) and is produced by Excel.
> It is used to copy data from Windows to VMS 7.3
>
> The path variable begins with C:\cygwin\bin; …        The CYGWIN variable is set to NODOSFILEWARNING
> In the Cygwin\bin folder are Dos2Unix, Unix2Dos, d2u, u2d executables listed,
>
> but, of course, I’m not sure whether it is a configuration problem somewhere or really a bug.
>

> --

please provide the cygcheck.out as attachement, not in the mail body,
as mentioned at

---