scrolling through history in cygwin terminal window line gets garbled

cyg Simple cygsimple@gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 01:27:00 GMT 2018

On 8/18/2018 11:23 AM, Steven Penny wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Aug 2018 23:47:33, cyg Simple wrote:
>> Sorry, I can't duplicate this.  I even tried with conhost and bash -il
>> in the window and just don't see an issue. My TERM value is xterm and
>> the data comes from the file /usr/share/terminfo/78/xterm.
>
> You comment concerned me - so i just tested this again
>
> this time on a pristine virtual machine - windows 7
>
> same issue - note i am launching via "Cygwin.bat"

I'm using Win10 and typically the icon created by setup which starts
mintty directly as:

C:\cygwin64\bin\mintty.exe -i /Cygwin-Terminal.ico -

I started conhost from that session and then executed `bash -il' within
conhost.

So just for grins I went to the Windows Explorer and started with the
cygwin.bat file and performed your test again using the .bash_history
with no issues.  This time the TERM=cygwin which comes from
/usr/share/terminfo/63/cygwin.

--
cyg Simple