Fw: When scrolling through history in cygwin terminal window line gets garbled

Andrey Repin anrdaemon@yandex.ru
Mon Aug 20 06:23:00 GMT 2018

Greetings, Thomas Wolff!

>> I can confirm this behavior.
> How did you reproduce it? I don't.

Exactly as described.
Start Cygwin using cygwin.bat
Enter command
echo ABCDEF ABCDEF ABCDEF ABCDEF
Enter command
echo 6789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789
Tap twice to pull the first entered command from history.
Observe part of the second command remaining on the screen.

I tried playing with locale and chcp settings to no apparent effect.

>> Given the position of cut-off, it appears the problem is in wrong character
>> width to terminal position count translation.
> All the fuzzy test case descriptions in this thread so far were
> ASCII-only, so I'm puzzled about your conclusion as I see no
> double-width or combining characters involved.

> Maybe someone could care to provide a *reproducible test case*.

Try with Win7 or not "new" Win10 native console.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...