FW: gecko Segmentation fault when compiling

tlake@twcny.rr.com tlake@twcny.rr.com
Wed Aug 29 10:05:00 GMT 2018

>> Can you test with just
>> PATH="/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin/:/usr/lib/lapack"
>> to exclude other programs ?
>>
>> I just tried that. Same problem.
>>
>> #2 you have installed every cygwin package including all
>>     debuginfo packages. Why ?
>>
>> I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
>
> a bit extreme as solution. you are just making everything slower and
> heavier then needed.

Especially when you can add it if you need it.  Every path in the list is searched at times so you're slowing down the responses when the PATH is extreme.

I uninstalled and deleted the entire cygwin64 directory and reinstalled using the defaults. The download time was much
shorter but I still can't compile anything with the C compiler even with no anti-virus running.
I'm surprised the default installation doesn't include make or dir.h.
Adding make was no problem but it took me a while to find a package that contains dir.h.

Tom L