FAST_CWD

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 10:47:00 GMT 2018

Am 20.12.2018 um 10:41 schrieb a dreyfus:
>        7 [main] hdparm 16036 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD po
> inter.  Please report this problem to
> the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com
> hda: Permission denied
> .
>   Note that changes made to the advanced power management scheme will be active
> only for the period of current Windows session.
> .
>   If computer is put on sleep or hybernation APM value will be reverted back
> to drive's factory default settings.
>   That is why remember to run this command again from the Start menu entry
> on computer wake up.
> .
>
> Provenance : Courrier pour Windows 10

Dear Dreyfus

the warning is unreleated to the hda permission system,
of the software you are using; of which I have no clue as
you have not reported.

The software is using an obsolete version of cygwin1.dll

https://cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.using.fixing-find_fast_cwd-warnings

Please advise whoever is distributing to upgrade

Regards
Marco

---