Explicit dash rebaseall instructions from a CMD.EXE shell requested

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Thu Jan 4 20:35:00 GMT 2018

Keith Christian writes:
> Seeing this when trying to install a Perl module:

This is why I don't recommend to do that.  You need to teach the build
system to do an ephemeral rebase in order to reproducibly run the tests
and then put the resulting DLL somewhere that autorebase knows about.

> So: I tried to execute rebaseall and rebase from a CMD.EXE window under DASH:

While you can still do that, it's no longer the recommended way of doing
a full rebase.  You should just issue

rebase-trigger full

on the command line, then terminate all Cygwin processes and run
setup.exe again (you don't need to install or update anything).

Additionally, it won't help to solve your problem because that manual
method does not even look in those places where your DLL are residing.
For the above to work, register the path with the DLL as described in

/usr/share/doc/Cygwin/_autorebase.README

You didn't show where you are installing the module to.  Unadorned cpan
installation should use /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.26, which is
already registered with autorebase when you have the perl_autorebase
package installed, while local::lib will try somewhere in your home
directory and require manual intervention.

Last but not least, since you are using a 32bit Cygwin installation, you
may simply have run out of address space already.  Take care to only
install those packages that you _need_, not entire categories or even
all of Cygwin.

Regards,
Achim.