AW: RPC clnt_create() adress already in use

Mark Geisert mark@maxrnd.com
Tue Jan 9 04:55:00 GMT 2018

Hi Raimund,
I think I might have an idea where the root cause is.  But first I want to
revisit your very first email on this subject, from last September 22.  You
mentioned test results from various Cygwin versions vs various Windows versions.

Are you absolutely sure your test program ran correctly on Cygwin 1.5.18 on
*both* Windows XP and Windows 7?

The reason I ask is that Windows' handling of socket option SO_REUSEADDR has
changed over time and Cygwin has had to make accommodations to keep up.  There
might possibly be a need to revisit this within Cygwin.

I want to test a possible solution within the Cygwin DLL on my test machine but
it has another two days to go on a factorization problem it's running (under
Cygwin).  So I will respond again after I test.
Thank you,

..mark