[ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.10.0-0.1

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Thu Jan 18 14:36:00 GMT 2018

On 1/17/2018 5:29 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>

>> I uploaded a new Cygwin test release 2.10.0-0.1
>>
>> I'm planning for a release end of January.  Please test.
>
> Do we need a new gcc release to go along with the recent ssp changes?

The following commit message seems to answer my question:

commit 3e8fc7d9f21329d5a98ec3cf6de138bce9bc2c05
Author: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowi@redhat.com>
Date:   Mon Nov 27 23:07:10 2017 -0600

     ssp: add Object Size Checking common code

[...]

     Note that this does require building gcc with --disable-libssp and
     gcc_cv_libc_provides_ssp=yes.

Are there plans to coordinate the release of Cygwin 2.10.0 with a new
gcc release?  In the meantime, I guess package maintainers have to build
with -U_FORTIFY_SOURCE in order to test building with Cygwin 2.10.0.  Or
am I missing something?

Ken