Request new less release

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 07:45:00 GMT 2018

Steven,
please start a new thread, not reply to your message with different
subject "cmake"

On 20/01/2018 14:21, Steven Penny wrote:
> Please release new Cygwin less. Current version is 487 (Oct 2016), and
> since
> then 3 versions [1] have dropped:
>
> - 520 (Sep 2017)
> - 527 (Nov 2017)
> - 529 (Nov 2017)
>
> these versions are currently beta, but they fix an important bug [2]
> with how
> less reads the configuration file.
>
> [1] http://greenwoodsoftware.com/less/index.html
> [2] http://unix.stackexchange.com/a/377221

Noted but until it is in beta I am not planning to release it.

The notes do not show anything critical

"less-527 has been released for BETA testing.
This version changes the new M command to take a mark letter, making it
similar to the m command, except the M command marks the bottom line on
the screen rather than top line. This version also adds a command ESC-m
to remove a mark, fixes a bug that caused an erroneous binary file
warning when viewing a UTF-8 file containing SGR sequences, and now
correctly handles the keypad Enter key."

Regards
Marco