Ejecting a USB drive using Cygwin (sync)?

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 12:45:00 GMT 2018

On 24/01/2018 07:36, Steven Penny wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Jan 2018 14:13:24, Brian Inglis wrote:
>> I found the following utility works well without elevation - Windows
>> code from
>> http://www.leapsecond.com/tools/eject.{c,exe}:

the original code location is reported

>> // eject -- Allow safe removal of USB thumb drive.
>> // - Command line tool to flush/dismount/eject USB drive.
>> // - Simpler than mouse clicking through taskbar "Safely Remove
>> Hardware" icon.
>> // - Usable in batch file scripts.
>> // 02-Nov-2012 Tom Van Baak (tvb) www.LeapSecond.com/tools

The proper copyright is reported, the "..."
are clearly showing an extract posted in line.

>> // Per MSDN, follow procedure for safe removal of USB drive.

> No, this is not the code from that site. The code is similar, but I see
> you have
> at least removed some empty lines. If you are going to do so, you need to
> clearly present said changes to the community - something like "adapted
> from
> http://..." or "modified from http://...", etc.
>
> Software copyright - even open source license is serious, and you should
> give it
> due respect.

he was not providing a full functional code, not claiming ownership,
just highlighting the key calls.

It seems to me that you are barking to the wrong tree.

Marco