[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: mintty 2.9.0

Thomas Wolff towo@towo.net
Tue Jul 3 07:39:00 GMT 2018

On 02.07.2018 23:39, Wells, Roger K. wrote:
> On 07/02/2018 04:27 PM, Achim Gratz wrote:
>> Thomas Wolff writes:
>>> I have uploaded mintty 2.9.0 with the following changes:
>> [Â…]
>>
>> No good deed goes unpunished, I guess.  One of these changes makes the
>> cursor come out as static underline instead of blinking block whenever
>> I'm going into my usual screen or tmux session.  I have not yet figured
>> out what exactly is changing the cursor, but once I'm in screen nor tmux
>> I can't change it for whatever reason (it might actually change and gets
>> reset quickly enough so I can't see it).  Dropping out of the session I
>> can send the escape sequence to switch back to blinking block (or
>> whatever other cursor available), but reconnecting into the session
>> brings the static underline back.  The best I have managed so far by
>> compiling my own terminfo database is to get a static block cursor (not
>> blinking) for a local session, but it breaks down as soon as I log into
>> a remote system again.
>>
>> Can there be an option please to keep the cursor just as I've set it up
>> in the options?
>>

>> Regards,
>> Achim.
> Hi,
> I just did the same install and do not observe what you do.
> Everything seems fine regarding the cursor type.
> One thing though is that I have not used mintty before.
> Do you think that my fresh ".minttyrc" file is different than your's?
> Just a thought......
I guess it's more about the configuration of tmux. There is in fact a
cursor style setting sequence that mintty newly supports.
Please make a terminal log and check whether ^[[34h (ESC [ 3 4 h)
appears during tmux initialization. If so, however, the assumption is
that tmux sends it on purpose, so the blame is on tmux :/ My tmux
configuration does not change the cursor, like Roger's, by the way.
About an option to suppress dynamic changes of cursor style, that might
indeed be useful. I assume, though, that it should uniformly also
suppress the DEC sequence (DECSCUSR). Or should different cursor
attributes be addressable separately? (shape, blinking, colour??, even
hiding???)
Design proposals welcome.
Thomas