After installing nc (netcat), nc.exe is not found

Erik Soderquist ErikSoderquist@gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 09:14:00 GMT 2018

On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 4:10 PM, Mark Hansen wrote:
> Unfortunately, it looks like it won't let me create an exception for these executables, so I don't
> have any way to stop it from deleting them :(
>
> ... and I know better than to ask my corporate IT folks to make an exception for me :(

If you have a valid business case for having and using netcat, should
be no problem to get an exception.  I do, and did without issue after
explaining the business case to my It department.  (if fact, they gave
me admin to configuring the antivirus on my machine rather than just
the netcat exception).

If you don't have a business case for having netcat on your work
machine, I'd highly recommend removing the install packages too, as 'a
fun toy' is not a good reason to get fired.

-- Erik