Fork issue on W10 WOW

marco atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 12:34:00 GMT 2018

On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 7:33 AM, Marco Atzeri  wrote:
> Am 09.07.2018 um 14:37 schrieb Corinna Vinschen:
>

> It seems there is some type of ASLR for the wow64.
> I will try to rebase using 0x6b000000 to see if
> make any change

from my experiments the 32bit under W10 is substantially unusable.
At every restart the base address of the wow64*.dll are moved
randomly everywhere between  0x50000000 and 0x70000000.

It seems the 32bit subsystem is totally ignoring that cygwin programs
have not the ASLR flag. May be the subsystem base address
is initialized before any cygwin program is started.

It seems I have only two choices:
- disable totally ASLR, but some guidance (1)  around seem not working anymore
- use a virtual machine for a 32 bit W7 system to be used as build environment.

Any suggestion for the two approaches ?

Regards
Marco

1) https://gist.github.com/trietptm/b84ccad9db01f459ac7e