Fork issue on W10 WOW

Sun Jul 15 19:33:00 GMT 2018

On 2018-07-15 00:49, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> Am 14.07.2018 um 21:03 schrieb Brian Inglis:
>> On 2018-07-14 11:58, Achim Gratz wrote:
>>> Marco Atzeri writes:
>>> might be an explanation for the whole thing.  AVG is well known for
>>> intercepting things already during boot and loading a bunch of their
>>> libraries early.

> The 32 applications present at boot are:
>
> HP Cool Sense
> HP Audio Switch
> HP Jump Start
> HP Message Service
> Microsoft OneDrive
> Lavasof Webcompanion
> Wordweb Dictionary

> I will wait until 1803 is installed, download is in progress,
> before making new trials/experiments

Better to just deinstall the above ad/bloatware and any other "freebies" that
you'll or should never use, unless it is a needed app, driver, utility or feature.
Setup rebaseall before you log off, then select Upgrade and restart, then log on
and run Windows Update to get and apply the Cumulative Update for 1803, check
Settings/Update is waiting for another restart, log off and select Upgrade and
restart again, before logging on and rerunning Cygwin setup to rebaseall.