cmd.exe and file name conversion from comman line argument

Andrey Repin anrdaemon@yandex.ru
Fri Jul 27 07:27:00 GMT 2018

Greetings, h_ono@ot.olympus.co.jp!

> Hello,

> There is strange behavior when naming a file from command line argument in
> cmd.exe cosole,
> using touch or mv.

No, your comparison is not fair.

> I use:
> touch (GNU coreutils) 8.26
> Packaged by Cygwin (8.26-2)

You're using "env" to begin with, which alters processing of parameters.
But I can't reproduce your case. The result is definitely does not contain the quotes.

chcp 65001
set LANG=ru_RU.UTF-8
env LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8 touch 'あああ'

It creates exactly the name I'd expect, even though I can't see it in console.
But Explorer don't lie and shows it proper.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...B‹KCB”›Ø›[H™\ܝΈ‹ËØÞYÝÚ[‹˜ÛÛKܛ؛[\Ëš[B‘TNˆ‹ËØÞYÝÚ[‹˜ÛÛKÙ˜\KÃB‘ØÝ[Y[][ÛŽˆ‹ËØÞYÝÚ[‹˜ÛÛKÙØÜËš[B•[œÝXœØÜšX™H[™›Îˆ‹ËØÞYÝÚ[‹˜ÛÛKÛ[ÈÝ[œÝXœØÜšX™K\Ú[\CBƒB