needed : building instruction of newlib under window 10 cygwin32 or cygwin64ls

Mark Geisert mark@maxrnd.com
Fri Jul 27 23:11:00 GMT 2018

Replying to myself to correct things...

Mark Geisert wrote:
> Shen, Chang (MSFC-EV43) wrote:
>> Hi All
>>
>> Can anyone provide me with a step-by-step instruction to build newlib under
>> window10 cygwin32 or cygwin64?
>> Such as tool chain and environment settings.  I googled and could not find it.

I should read better.  I see so many "how to build Cygwin" questions I read
yours as another one.  You're doing something different.  Here's what works:

     cd /opt    (for example)
     mkdir build install
     ln -s your-source-directory src

     cd build   (so you're in /opt/build)
     /opt/src/configure --prefix=/opt/install -v
     mkdir newlib

     cd newlib  (so you're in /opt/build/newlib)
     /opt/src/newlib/configure --prefix=/opt/install/newlib -v
     make

That will create libm.a, libg.a, and libc.a in /opt/build/newlib.

..mark