xterm / Windows 10 question

David Billinghurst dbcygwin@gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 02:21:00 GMT 2018

On 2018-06-05 10:47, Matt Nicholas wrote:

> I recently obtained a Dell Precision laptop running Windows 10.
> I installed 64-bit Cygwin, including various packages that are not part of
> the minimal install.

> The problem I'm having is that when I type single quote or double quote
> characters in the xterm window, no character appears with the first
> keystroke.
This may be an issue with the input method configured for the keyboard.
You can toggle this with  <Windows Key>+<space>.  Many Dell machines are
configured to use the US-international keyboard that encodes "<char> to
an umlaut, so "e to ë and so on.  As a monlingual Aussie I find the
plain "US Keyboard" has fewer surprises.