running self compiled 32 bit binary on 64 bit Windows?

cyg Simple cygsimple@gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 13:34:00 GMT 2018

On 6/8/2018 9:19 AM, Ulli Horlacher wrote:

> I have compiled the application with gcc from cygwin.
> It runs without problems on Windows 7 32 bit but on Windows 8 64 bit it
> does not output ANYTHING. No (error) message, nothing.

You CANNOT move a 32bit Cygwin application to a 64bit Cygwin
environment!  It will not work.

> How can I debug it?

You can't! You need a 32bit Cygwin environment to run a 32bit application.

The other option is to rebuild from source on the 64bit Cygwin.

--
cyg Simple