running self compiled 32 bit binary on 64 bit Windows?

Ulli Horlacher framstag@rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Fri Jun 8 13:52:00 GMT 2018

On Fri 2018-06-08 (13:43), Soegtrop, Michael wrote:

> are you sure you want a cygwin build? I thought you are doing a MinGW
> build (since Cygwin1.ddl was missing from ldd).

What is MinGW?

> 1.) Do a MinGW cross compile in case you don't need any Cygwin
> infrastructure (bash, ...) or fully posix compliant C environment

I need bash and posix environment!

> 2.) Do a Cygwin build and copy cygwin1.dll

I already have a /usr/bin/cygwin1.dll on the Windows 8 target system.
Do I have to replace it?

> 3.) Do a Cygwin build and install a matching cygwin on the destination
> machine in case you need not just a posix compliant C environment, but
> also a bash or other Unix tools

This is what I first did:
Transfered the 32 bit cygwin with my self compiled binaries to the 64 bit
Windows 8. But then I was not able to use perl, I got a MOT of these errors:

         0 [main] perl 4232 child_info_fork::abort: address space needed
   by 'Encode.dll' (0x370000) is already occupied
   Can't fork, trying again in 5 seconds at /client/bin/fexsend line 106.
         1 [main] perl 7720 child_info_fork::abort: address space needed
   by 'Encode.dll' (0x370000) is already occupied
   Can't fork, trying again in 5 seconds at /client/bin/fexsend line 106.
         1 [main] perl 5484 child_info_fork::abort: address space needed
   by 'Encode.dll' (0x370000) is already occupied
   Can't fork, trying again in 5 seconds at /client/bin/fexsend line 106.

See my mail: