[Bug] __wait_status_to_int() is expected to be a macro

Hans-Bernhard Bröker HBBroeker@t-online.de
Fri Jun 8 17:26:00 GMT 2018

Am 08.06.2018 um 17:16 schrieb Denis Nikiforov:
> /usr/include/boost/process/detail/posix/is_running.hpp:18:1: error:
> non-constant condition for static assertion
>   static_assert(!WIFEXITED(still_active), "Internal Error");
>
> __wait_status_to_int must be a macros but it's redefined as a function.

It must?  Says who, based on what standard document?

For starters, nobody gets to make any such claims about
__wait_status_to_int(), because that's an internal implementation detail
of Cygwin.  If at all, such a claim might be made about WIFEXITED(),
which is a POSIX standard element.  But POSIX makes no such requirement,
as far as I could see on short examination.