Windows upgrade

Andrey Repin anrdaemon@yandex.ru
Wed Jun 13 08:35:00 GMT 2018

Greetings, Alejandro Benitez!

> I just don't know what I'll need to tweak /
> migrate so that the new Windows installation installed on top of the same
> drive that currently holds the 32 bit cygwin knows it's there. I'm betting
> some registry entries and environment variables. Does anyone know these
> tweaks for certain? I need cygwin to be fully functional, I mean setup.exe
> needs to be able to install packages, otherwise it won't be of much use.

> I might also be wrong and need to install cygwin64 as I upgrade Windows. Fingers are crossed.

All you'd need to do (to be on safest possible side) is to issue

    rebase-trigger full

then run a normal setup session to the end at least once, specifying your
existing Cygwin installation directory as the target.

If any issues would arise after that, please check

and if all else fails, follow the

With best regards,
Andrey Repin
Wednesday, June 13, 2018 6:05:20