Problem loading dynamic libraries - file not found

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 09:47:00 GMT 2018

On 6/16/2018 4:05 AM, Brian Inglis wrote:
> On 2018-06-15 16:50, Roberto Ribeiro wrote:
>> recently I've been running a lot into an error while trying to load dlls
>> compiled by cygwin: "ERROR: could not load library (...): No such file or
>> directory".
>> The library in question is always there, however, and *appears* to have been
>> correctly built (ldd and cygcheck both return the expected values).

Roberto,

it can be a older version than needed,
ldd and cygcheck will not notice the difference.

It is usually due to a an error in upgrade.
It can happen when you run setup but some cygwin program/process
was still running and the used libraries can not be upgraded.

Check is some /usr/bin/*.new libraries are present.
In that case a re-boot could solve the issue.

> If that does not clue you in sufficiently, also run:
>
> 	$ cygcheck -hrsv > cygcheck.out &

In the cygcheck.out you can look at the date of the specific
library and compare with the one in the latest package

https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-grep.cgi

In case of mismatch, close all process and re-install the package
containing that library.

Regards
MArco