2.10.0: Cygwin now can not work well with a file in dos format.

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 15:21:00 GMT 2018

https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin-announce/2017-02/msg00020.html for sed

>    2. Various "solutions" have been noted for gawk in related emails - all require minor but pervasive code changes.
>        Are there any similar solutions for the other tools besides scattering "tr" all over the place?
>        Is everything affected from sort to grep to join?  This could impact the use of such tools with multiple files
>        some of which come from Win32 tools and others from Cygwin tools.  I may be wrong about the
>        pervasiveness of the impact since, as I said, nothing was apparent in the release notes that I found.
>
>        Also, I don't recall seeing related discussions in this mail-list.  Would these have taken place in
>        another Cygwin-developer-focused mail-list?

no. here

my solution is to use d2u and u2d of dos2unix package
for moving files between the two formats.

>    3. Is there any chance of Cygwin providing a pervasive file behaviour control switch for all the affected tools
>       that have been used generally for text rather than binary data handling?

LF and CRLF format files are both text but in different environments

>    4. Would MSYS be better for those of us who are trying to supplement Windows rather than running Linux
>         on Windows?

it depends on your preference.