gcc 32 bit compiler does not like files outside of c:\cygwin

Tim Clarke timclarke147@gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 17:45:00 GMT 2018

Sorry, posted this from my other non-regsitered email address!!

Following my previous post advising that the gcc 32 compiler was
exiting immediately (return code 1) without doing anything, I have
now established what is happening.
The behaviour exhibited is contrary to that exhibited by gcc 64 bit,
which works fine.

When entering the cygwin console and typing:
cd d:/c
the screen displays
/cydrive/d/c

gcc  sourcefile.c
does nothing and 'echo $?'  displays  1

However
cd /usr/src
gcc sourcefile.c   works  ok

So, it would appear that, for some reason, the 32bit compiler
falls over when accessing files outside of the main c:\cygwin
hierarchy !

--
Tim Clarke, IT Manager
Seacon Group Ltd