CYGWIN 2.8

Hans-Bernhard Bröker HBBroeker@t-online.de
Wed May 9 08:30:00 GMT 2018

Am 08.05.2018 um 13:22 schrieb David Spencer:
> Morning,
>
> I am trying to get CYGWIN Version 2.8, this is the only version approved for our system at present,

Providing that is, to a great extent, actually the job of whoever
approves versions of Cygwin for you.

That's because the version number of cygwin itself barely begins to
define an actual fixed configuration of the whole Cygwin environment
you'll be installing: that's _one_ package whose version number has been
nailed down, but _hundreds_ of others left totally floating.

The only practical way of defining an installation of which it can even
make sense to call it "approved" is to host a fixed mirror repository
that's controlled by whoever does the approving, inside the organization
that requires said approval.