normal to blue-screen windows when doing 'ls -CF' of /proc/sys/GLOBAL?? (bug? cygcheck attached)

L A Walsh cygwin@tlinx.org
Thu May 17 13:22:00 GMT 2018

Andrey Repin wrote:
> After BSOD, there should be at least aminibump.
> You can use http://nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html to examine it.
----
	Tried it...showed nothing.  Checked sysprops and the small memory dump (256KB)
is enabled -- should have dumped in C:\windows\Minidump, but nothing was
there.

I did try to see the module when the blue screen was up, but
it rebooted too quickly.

> Do you perhaps have some misbehaving drivers in your system?
> Try clearing up your device manager.
>
> SET DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=1 && mmc.exe devmgmt.msc
---
	Didn't see anything that stood out, but took the opportunity
to remove all the ones that didn't refer to existing HW.

FWIW --- It almost has to be some misconfigured SW -- not any specific
HW, since this windows image did the same thing on my last system.

I had to get a new system and moved over the hard disk - updated needed
drives and I was up (about 4-5 months ago).

Very wierd.  It triggers so fast, and whatever is causing it, likely
happens on a probe by 'ls' before ls even displays any output.

I 'can' go into the same directory and do a "echo *" (or better,
printf "%s\n" *  --- and that doesn't trigger it.

I think I also triggered it once with 'tree'.  Very annoying.

Oh well, I suspected it wouldn't be simple, which is why I just try to
"not do that"...but it had been a while, and thought maybe...

*grumble*

thanks for the ideas all...