normal to blue-screen windows when doing 'ls -CF' of /proc/sys/GLOBAL?? (bug? cygcheck attached)

L A Walsh cygwin@tlinx.org
Thu May 17 20:38:00 GMT 2018

Brian Inglis wrote:
> Run "cygcheck ls" to see if any Windows installs added to your path pick up
> api-ms-win-core-... intercept dlls e.g. Firefox, Tortoise, etc.
---
	Nope. I set my path in my login profile:
reorder path, filter out dups and empty dirs and
use abbreviated paths for some common names.and filter out weird things in my
login profile.

> Tried running same command under strace?
> BLODA possibly messing up net access to AD?
---
Not running AD...using older NT4-style Dom on my home
lnx box.

Doubt it is BLODA, though not impossible given the growing number
if things that are incompat w/something.

BTW, is Win10 on the BLODA list?  seems to cause
alot of new incompats w/every release.

though in the same vein, MS updates for win7 seem to be
more likely to create problems as much as solve them since
they started trying to get people to switch away from pre-win10
OS's.

Even had MS-forum-support people tell me that the fix for
some issue or another that they couldn't solve or fix
was to move to Win10 (not that it was known to fix the
problem -- just as a shotgun approach).