normal to blue-screen windows when doing 'ls -CF' of /proc/sys/GLOBAL?? (bug? cygcheck attached)

Michel LaBarre michel.labarre@rogers.com
Tue May 22 02:07:00 GMT 2018

If you need a boot environment that knows your hardware, try downloading the backup program Reflect from Macrium - there is a free version.
(I use it for backup/recovery of my Win 10 and Win 7 systems.  So far it has been 100% solid.)

You can then use it to build a boot USB with all your drivers.
I have not explored their recovery environment except to initiate a full system drive restore but at minimum, I expect it will include all the Windows facilities.

As an incidental bonus, you can create backups in case your remediation measures go south - restore and try again.  You can repeat steps 3-4 until you get it right... ;-)

Michel