pinentry-curses not available?

David Dombrowsky 6thstreetradio@gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 16:06:00 GMT 2018

On Sat, Nov 3, 2018 at 2:23 PM Marco Atzeri <marco.atzeri@gmail.com> wrote:
> > In any case, I got pinentry-1.1.0 to compile against a cygwin-supplied
> > version of ncurses, and it mostly works (you still need to tell it to
> > not detach from the tty, not sure what's up with that).
>
> can you clarify ?
> May be it was the reason why I and Yaakov found it not functional

That's very possible.

I downloaded the stock source for pinentry 1.1.0 from gnupg.org and
tried to build it.  After "fixing" one of the build errors (ttytype is
a macro and needs to be renamed in the pinentry source, at least on my
cygwin install), I got it to build and install.  But it won't run
unless you pass `--keep-tty` to `gpg-agent`, and even then it's a
little picky and the agent needs to be killed and restarted
frequently.

I was just wondering if anyone had done anything beyond the 20 minutes
of work I put into it.  If not, then my somewhat hack-ish solution is
a sufficient workaround.

This is with cygwin 64-bit, setup 2.893
CYGWIN_NT-6.1 BL-ENG-P01 2.11.1(0.329/5/3) 2018-09-05 10:24 x86_64 Cygwin

--
David Dombrowsky, Senior Software Engineer
email: davek@6thstreetradio.org