Bug report: Core dump with too many args

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Wed Nov 7 19:36:00 GMT 2018

Ole Tange writes:
> I get core dump when running:
>
> $ /bin/echo `seq 1000000`
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>
> This also looks bad:
>
> $ /bin/wc `seq 1000000`
>       2 [main] -bash 15396 C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe: *** fatal error - cmalloc would have returned NULL
> Hangup

They both just segfault with a stacktrace on my work laptop.  OTOH, both
succeed on our server, which admittedly has much more physical memory
(128GB), with lots of it free while I ran the commands.

So I guess the only real complaint is that the out-of-memory condition
should take precedence over other faults, or did you have something else
in mind?

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Waldorf Blofeld: