[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: mintty 2.9.4

Andy Hall fixpertise-consulting@comcast.net
Tue Nov 13 17:52:00 GMT 2018

For what it's worth,  I tried some simple examples.

Copy and paste into notepad, notepad++ or another mintty window resulted in plain text being copied.

Paste into MS Word 2016 gives you three options:  "Keep Source Formatting",  "Merge Formatting"  and "Keep Text Only".   If I selected "Keep Source Formatting", the result is a single cell table containing the text copied.  The other options resulted in plain text being copied.  The former is actually useful if you happen to be writing documentation about how to do something at the command line level, but there are flaws.   In my case, the inserted table had a black background and white test and it was not easy to change this.