setup-x86.exe v2.893 has stopped working

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Tue Oct 2 19:36:00 GMT 2018

On 10/2/2018 2:47 PM, Keith Christian wrote:
> 32 bit has been working on this 64 bit machine for the last several
> years.  This is the setup program, why is it suddenly having problems?

There may be a bug in the program that happened to be triggered by what you were
doing.

>   Didn't see anything out of the ordinary in setup.log, setup.log.full,
> or in the "cygcheck -s -r -v" output.  What debugging info is
> available for the setup program itself beyond setup.log* ?

Do you know how to use gdb?  If so, I could make a debugging version of setup
available to you (or maybe you could build it yourself?).

Ken