Emacs slow startup

Katsumi Yamaoka yamaoka@jpl.org
Wed Oct 3 23:48:00 GMT 2018

Hi,

Since a couple of months ago, Emacs takes about a minute to start.
This happens with both emacs-X11 (the one Cygwin distributes) and
the one I built, and everytime I get the following error:

** (emacs:10672): WARNING **: Error retrieving accessibility bus address: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

I googled it and found an article in which someone wrote that
installing at-spi2-core solves it.  Although the version 2.26.2
has already been installed in my system, I tried downgrading it
to 2.24.1.  It did the trick!  Emacs startup got fast as before.

$ uname -a
CYGWIN_NT-10.0 localhost 2.11.1(0.329/5/3) 2018-09-05 10:24 x86_64 Cygwin

Regards,