John the ripper (couldn't compute the FAST_CWD Pointer)

Erik Soderquist erik.soderquist@gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 22:28:00 GMT 2018

On Fri, Oct 5, 2018 at 4:49 PM Victor L.  wrote:

> *Entered in the command:*
> zip2john.exe README5.zip > README5.hash
>
> *What I got:*
> 1 [main] zip2john 17748 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD
> pointer.  Please report this problem to
> the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com

The really short version is tell however provided zip2john.exe to
update the cygwin dll(s) they are using

https://cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.using.fixing-find_fast_cwd-warnings

-- Erik

--
"I do not think any of us are truly sane, Caleb. Not even you. Courage
is not sanity. Being willing to die for someone else is not sanity."

-- Alexandria Terri in "Weaving the Wyvern" by Alexis Desiree Thorne