Cygwin windows won't close

Andrey Repin anrdaemon@yandex.ru
Mon Oct 8 18:05:00 GMT 2018

Greetings, Ziegelmiller, Lyle(AWF)!

Please don't top-post in this list. Thank you.

>> When I click on the X at the upper-right hand corner of the window, it
>> just hangs. When I click on the X again, the title bar displays, "(Not
>> Responding)". Prior to attempting to close the window, everything
>> works fine.

> I mean the Cygwin command-window terminal, invoked by this shortcut:

> C:\cygwin64\bin\mintty.exe -i /Cygwin-Terminal.ico -

Does it happen if you try to close the terminal immediately after starting?
Did you run any specific applications for it to happen?
Any alterations to shell startup scripts?

Overall, please see these resources:

With best regards,
Andrey Repin
Monday, October 8, 2018 20:42:17