erro

Andrey Repin anrdaemon@yandex.ru
Wed Oct 24 20:50:00 GMT 2018

Greetings, Lee!

> On 10/23/18, Andrey Repin  wrote:
>> Greetings, Lee!

>>> Except that the faq is wrong in this case:
>>>   The solution is simply downloading and running Cygwin Setup ...
>>
>>> The solution for programs that come bundled with cygwin1.dll (like jtr
>>> here) is to replace the old cygwin1.dll
>>
>> Which is unlikely to succeed for such an old version.

> Yup - looks like you're right.
> I thought I remembered copying the current cygwin1.dll to my jtr
> directory when moving to win10 about 1.5 yrs ago.

ABI has changed several times since then. Adding to that, rebasing may cause
its own load of issues.

> But the only john-xxx.zip I can find in my backup that has just cygwin1.dll
> & no other cygwin dlls doesn't work on win10

> Sorry for the noise

No problem, but please avoid undocumented "solutions", or at least clearly
label them as "personal experience, use at your own risk".

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...