Cygwin fails to utilize Unicode replacement character

David Macek david.macek.0@gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 12:50:00 GMT 2018

On 4. 9. 2018 11:00, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> We either keep 0xfffd now and the user gets the nodef glyph, or I revert
> the patch and let the console print 0x2592 MEDIUM SHADE again.
>
> Decision has to be made today.  I will release 2.11.1 tomorrow.

I vote for keeping the patch and printing 0xFFFD.  It's okay in the default case,
it's exactly what was requested in the non-standard font case and it's future
proof in case ConHost implements rendering using fallback fonts.

--
David Macek