Cygwin fails to utilize Unicode replacement character

Thomas Wolff towo@towo.net
Fri Sep 7 10:34:00 GMT 2018

On 07.09.2018 10:17, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Sep  6 09:01, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>>> as you prob know ive been testing on W7. i found a W10 virtual machine here:
>>>
>>> http://developer.microsoft.com/microsoft-edge/tools/vms
>>>
>>> but it requires 4GB RAM just for the image. since i only have 4GB total on my
>>> system the image wont load into virtualbox.
>>>
>>> i can see about upgrading my system - but i wont bother if you are intent on
>>> wiping your hands of this anyway
>>>
>>> let me know - thanks
>> https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-cvs/2018-q3/msg00054.html
> I created new developer snapshots for testing.  Please give the latest from https://cygwin.com/snapshots/ a try.
Consolas: invalid encoding: hollow box, unknown glyph: boxed question mark
Lucida Console: invalid encoding: medium shade, unknown glyph: hollow box
so far it's fine, but:
Raster Fonts: output of invalid encoding hangs cygwin...

> This will be my last action for the next 4 weeks though.  I'll be back in October.
I'll try to check the code.