bzip.org

cyg Simple cygsimple@gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 04:28:00 GMT 2018

On 9/21/2018 5:59 PM, Henry S. Thompson wrote:
> This message
>
>   http://openbsd-archive.7691.n7.nabble.com/bzip2-now-homeless-bzip-org-for-sale-tp349703p349710.html
>
> suggests there's a recent mirror at a BSD site, but the newest I can
> quickly find is

The fact that it is homeless is of course the concern.  Sourceware used
to host it but it left there sometime ago but version 1.0.2 still exists
and so does that git repository base code.

>   https://ftp.nluug.nl/OpenBSD/6.3/packages/amd64/bzip2-1.0.6p8.tgz
>
> Hope this helps a bit.

Not really, it isn't an official distribution and the version and file
name doesn't match just 1.0.6, I don't know if something changed.  The
wayback machine has a copy of the file from the original bzip.org site.

--
cyg Simple