Creation of weird WINDOWS-related (sub)directories

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 15:33:00 GMT 2018

Am 25.09.2018 um 17:16 schrieb Fergus:
>>> Just noticed: strange directory %SystemDrive% created at root of Cygwin
>>> installation:
>>> As in:
>>> /consoleX/%SystemDrive%
>
>> I doubt it is due to a cygwin program.
>> "consoleX" does not appear in the package search
>> https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-grep.cgi
>
> Unintentionally I have confounded the discussion. The directory named
> "consoleX" is my home-grown Cygwin root directory.
> (Others' preferred locationname might be "cygwin" or "mycygwin" or
> whatever.)
> The directory %SystemDrive% occurs at the root of the Cygwin filesystem.
> I cannot work out what activity has triggered it .. ..
> Fergus

I will bet a Windows Programs as on CMD

   C:\Users\Marco>echo %SystemDrive%
   C:

so %SystemDrive%/ProgramData/Microsoft/Windows/Caches
is likely C:/ProgramData/Microsoft/Windows/Caches

---