cygwin port of glib

LRN lrn1986@gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 12:16:00 GMT 2019

On 05.03.2019 17:23, LRN wrote:
> On 05.03.2019 17:07, E. Madison Bray wrote:
>>
>> If they're clean, worthwhile patches then I absolutely think you
>> should get them integrated upstream if at all possible--that's almost
>> always preferable.
>
> Okay, i'll see what i can do.

Made some progress, but i would benefit from some input on a few things.

1) This[0] cygwinports commit and a related gnulib[1] commit. Which version of
cygwin (CYGWIN_VERSION_API_MINOR) corresponds to 1.7 (is the 1.7 number even
correct?). As a less-intrusive fix, i can switch
#ifdef __CYGWIN__
#if defined(__CYGWIN) && (!defined (CYGWIN_VERSION_API_MINOR) ||
CYGWIN_VERSION_API_MINOR < somevalue)

2) This[2] cygwinports commit. I don't quite get what the author means. Does he
mean that returning a path that looks like "//etc" from parsing a URI
"file:////etc" is correct? Or the opposite, that it should return "/etc" ? The
commit seems to be saying one thing, while the code does something else.

[0]:
https://github.com/cygwinports/glib2.0/commit/b61abed9554ab813ed358ea5bad648987573772e#diff-2d64c930085856723abe9a40105389abR256

[1]:
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnulib.git/commit/lib/localcharset.c?id=9f5ab735f030faf651961d55ce3b849dd56dcff3