mingw64-x86_64-icu / mingw64-i686-icu 64.2

Stefan Weil sw@weilnetz.de
Fri Apr 26 19:33:00 GMT 2019

The following experimental updates are not available from Cygwin, but
from my personal website https://qemu.weilnetz.de/test/cygwin/local/:

mingw64-x86_64-icu 64.2
mingw64-i686-icu 64.2

I tested the binary packages using a short test program
(https://github.com/tesseract-ocr/tesseract/issues/1625#issuecomment-395166694).
Maybe someone else has other tests and wants to try the new packages.

Both packages are currently unmaintained in Cygwin (old version 57.1,
broken mingw64-x86_64-icu). See issue
https://github.com/cygwinports/mingw64-x86_64-icu/issues/1 and pull
request https://github.com/cygwinports/mingw64-x86_64-icu/pull/2. See
also https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2018-10/msg00209.html and
https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2018-06/msg00222.html.

I need those packages to build Tesseract for Windows.

I would also like to contribute packages for Leptonica (also needed for
Tesseract): mingw64-x86_64-leptonica and mingw64-i686-leptonica.
Building such packages is easy, but how can I can get them into the
official package distribution?

Regards
Stefan Weil