Pinentry-curses on cygwin environment

Thomas Wolff towo@towo.net
Sun Apr 28 03:56:00 GMT 2019

Am 27.04.2019 um 23:26 schrieb pigreco erre:
> Dear all,
> sorry if I put the message in wrong chan,
No, but reproducible description of what you did would be a good
prerequisite to expect a reasonable response.
> I try to compile the pinentry-curses package into Cyg environment (pinentry version 1.1.0)
What package? Reference, download link? How did you compile?
> I obtain the executable file and I use it into the mintty/bash.
The one you compiled or a downloaded Windows binary? The symptoms sound
more like the latter.
> I obtain a strange behaviour when I decrypt a gpg file using curses version and I try to insert the passphrase.
What's the command you run?
> A dialogue box is drawn on the terminal with all keys information correctly.
> When I enter my passphrase anything I type on the terminal window is just echoed at the bottom of the screen,
> I can't exit normally (i.e by pressing enter or escape).
> The only way is by typing Ctrl-C.
> The mintty-bash prompt, returns but the pinentry-curses process remain running for additional time.
> What do you think about this problem?
I think you likely run a Windows binary that is not compatible with the
terminal pty interface. But I cannot be sure without the requested
information.