Cygwin installer does not select the packages specified by the -P option

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Thu Aug 1 15:41:00 GMT 2019

On 29/07/2019 11:13, KAVALAGIOS Panagiotis (EEAS-EXT) wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am trying to prepare an offline installation of Cygwin with a local
> repository and I am facing the problem with the package selection.
> The packages specified by the -P command are not selected, so they
> end up without being installed. I am using the following command:
>
> setup-x86_64.exe -q -L -l %cd%\cygwin-repo -R C:\PGM\cygwin64 -P
> autoconf,automake,bash-completion,bzip2,ca-certificates,curl,diffutils,emacs,git,git-svn,gnupg2,konsole,mc,openssh,patchutils,perl,python2,python3,rsync,ruby,subversion,sudo,tar,tcsh,tmux,unzip,vim,wget,xinit,xlaunch,xorg-server,xorg-server-common,xorg-server-xorg,xorg-x11-fonts-dpi100,xorg-x11-fonts-dpi75,xorg-x11-fonts-Type1,xorg-x11-fonts-misc,xterm,zip
>
>  There is no issue if I select manually the packages. They are
> installed just fine from the local repository. The problem is that
> they are not selected at all when the above command is issued. Any
> workarounds?

I tried to reproduce this problem using the command you give, but wasn't
able to.

Are you saying that absolutely nothing gets installed?  This tends to
suggest that the installer is failing due to a fatal error before it
gets that far.

Can you show the contents of /var/log/setup.log.full ?