Openldap 2.4.48-1 vs my company's pki

David Goldberg dsg18096@gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 15:45:00 GMT 2019

I updated openldap from 2.4.42-1 to 2.4.48-1 this morning and now
ldapsearch will not connect, complaining that the server provided
certificate is self signed. I have set up /etc/pki with my company's
certificate chain and that allows 2.4.42-1 (and earlier) and other
applications to properly authenticate local services. What has changed in
2.4.48-1 that causes this to not work and how can I fix it. I've downgraded
for now; that is not a good long term solution of course.

Thanks,

Dave Goldberg